Fury of the Immortals
Elven Racial Changes
Elves are found in the Elven homeland of Alfheim and scattered throughout the nations of men. Choosing a subrace for an Elven character is often tied to the character's geographic origin.
Sylvan Elves: Sylvan Elves are found mainly in Alfheim, the forests of the Principalities of Glantri and Free Traldara (mostly in the Radlebb Woods). They are known to grow long white beards late in life. They fall into the Wood Elf subrace.
Belcadiz Elves: According to their history, the Belcadiz Elves came from a land far across the sea and are now found exclusively in Glantri. They are shorter and darker than other elves, typically have black hair and favor extravagant clothing. They tend to be more passionate than other more staid elves. They fall into the High Elf subrace with the following modifications:
- Elf Weapon Training: Belcadiz elves gain proficiency with the rapier rather than longsword.
Sea Elves: The Sea Elves are a tribe of elves native to The Minrothad Guilds. They have excellent sense of direction, are adventurous and spend as much time at sea as on land. Sea Elves have the following features:
- Normal Sight: Sea Elves do not have Darkvision.
- Elf Weapon Training: Sea Elves are proficient in longsword, rapier, longbow and trident.
- Born Sailors: Sea Elves are proficient with water vehicles.
- Natural Navigators: Sea Elves gain the Kean Mind feat.
Vyalia Elves: The Vyalia Elves inhabit the forest that crosses the border between eastern Free Traldara and western Thyatis. They are excellent foresters, reclusive and known for their ability to disappear in the forest without a trace. They fall into the Wood Elf subrace with the following modifications:
- Fleet of Foot: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
- Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
- Pass Without Trace: The Vyalia Elves' uncanny familiarity with the forest allows them to disappear into the woods. Once per long rest, they, and a number of creatures equal to their Wisdom modifier, gain a +10 bonus to Stealth checks and leave no traceable trail for up to an hour.
Class Suggestions: Sea Elves and Belcadiz naturally favor the Swashbuckler archetype or Mariner fighting styles and Vyalia Foresters are nearly exclusively Vyalian elves. Eldritch Knights and wizards of the Bladesinging Arcane Tradition can be found amongst the Elven warriors of Alfheim and the Elvenguard of Free Traldara.